The 2016 Contest
- Matchup Schedule
- Qualification details
- Important dates
- The Scenario
- Starting the Software
- Mailing List for 2015/2016
- Participation Requirements
The results of the contest will be published in the International Journal of Agent-Oriented Software Engineering.
- preliminary preface
- each paper is cross-reviewed and eventually accepted (minus big problems)
- please aim for 20 pages (more is OK)
- each paper must contain a part with answers to certain questions from us
- the questionary can be downloaded here: ZIP
- the answers should be kept rather short
- you can refer to your main text, if you want to go more into detail
- you should stick to the structure of the questionary (i.e. one section in total, one subsection for each block of questions)
- deadline for the papers is 31.10.2016
- you can find templates for IJAOSE papers here
|BathTUB vs. Python-DTU||-640,533:49,725||-111,406:39,123||50,000:38,919||2:4||ZIP|
|BathTUB vs. PUCRS||-1039:851268||50000:102345||36921:227144||0:9||ZIP|
|lampe vs. PUCRS||63776:73549||55518:159922||50000:61728||0:9||ZIP|
|Flisvos-2016 vs. lampe||485,984:-3,022||117,353:54,555||288,760:47422||9:0||ZIP|
|Flisvos-2016 vs. Python-DTU||2,610,354:36,764||1,156,322:48,404||138,718:43,968||9:0||ZIP|
|BathTUB vs. Flisvos-2016||184763:657500||-508096:977580||37258:164839||0:9||ZIP|
|Flisvos-2016 vs. PUCRS||109387:86775||140856:150358||350240:761920||3:6||ZIP|
|PUCRS vs. Python-DTU||136401:42882||3517745:47897||374010:47671||9:0||ZIP|
|lampe vs. Python-DTU||38280:40863||172963:47410||321791:49088||6:2||ZIP|
|BathTUB vs. lampe||64875:50710||38638:85114||173379:383046||3:6||ZIP|
Some teams decided to play some friendly matches a few days after the competition. The agents used were slightly “improved” or contained less (or more) bugs compared to their contest versions. See the results listed below.
|Flisvos-2016 vs. lampe||211034:153846||908215:159359||706169:155656||9:0||ZIP|
|Flisvos-2016 vs. PUCRS||113929:-478368||211163:57888||4101143:1091542||9:0||ZIP|
|lampe vs. PUCRS||487318:757660||294795:455684||145333:180023||0:9||ZIP|
Finally, the schedule is fixed. The contest will take place on 2 consecutive days: September 12th and 13th.
- Each day is divided into 3 slots and we play on 2 servers simultaneously.
- A slot ends once its matches on both servers have finished so that no team has to play 2 matches in parallel.
- Each team plays 2 matches a day.
- All times are Berlin time (CEST/UTC+2).
- Servers will be started around 12:45 on each day, so you have enough time to connect your agents.
- The servers will be started in “manual-mode” (i.e. “tournamentmode=2”), that is, all agents can connect at any time to the simulation server.
- Matches can take up to ~3 hours in the worst case, however, qualification matches indicate somwhere around 1-2 hours per match.
- The earliest times are guaranteed. If a match ends even sooner, we will not continue with the following match until the given time.
- Please check back right before the contest to see if times might have changed.
- If there is an unforeseen technical issue on our side, we will reschedule the affected matches.
|Slot||Matches Day 1||Earliest time||Latest time|
|Flisvos 2016 vs.
|Flisvos 2016 vs.
|Slot||Matches Day 2||Earliest time||Latest time|
|2||Flisvos 2016 vs.
All maps are © OpenStreetMap contributors (terms).
- Sim: 200 steps (=> max. 14 minutes)
- Map: standard London
- Goal: <20% timeouts (“noAction”)
- Start: Thu, 1st of September 2016, 14:00 (CEST)
- Chat: irc.quakenet.org #agentcontest2016
|Flisvos 2016||Evangelos I. Sarmas||Python|
of São Paulo
Igor Conrado Alves de Lima
Jaime Simão Sichman
Luís Gustavo Ludescher
do Rio Grande
do Sul (Brazil)
|Rafael Cauê Cardoso
Ramon Fraga Pereira
Maurício Cecilio Magnaguagno
Alison Roberto Panisson
Anibal Sólon Heinsfeld
Felipe Rech Meneguzzi
Andreas Halkjær From
Nikolaj Nøkkentved Larsen
|Contest Schedule 2016|
|Final package release:|
|Connection tests:||- (on demand)|
Our scenario consists of two teams of agents moving through the streets of a realistic city. The goal for each team is to earn as much money as possible. Read the full description.
Starting the Software
- Unzip the file.
- documents/readmefirst.pdf is a good starting point (optional).
- You’re running on Windows? Just go to http://www.mingw.org/wiki/msys/ and install msys. Note that you don’t need mingw, just the msys part.
- Go to the massim/scripts directory:
- Start the server:
- In another shell, start the monitor:
- In yet another shell, go to the javaagents/scripts directory:
- Start some agents:
- Press ENTER on the server shell.
Problems? Just write to the mailing list. No problems? Register yourself to the mailing list anyway and write us a short hello message.
Mailing List for 2015/2016
Participants and all interested colleagues are invited to subscribe to the agentcontest2015 [at] in.tu-clausthal.de mailing list.
All the important details and announcements including scenario and communication protocol specifications as well as software release announcements and bug reports will be announced and discussed via this list.
To subscribe, send an empty e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject subscribe.
The confirmation request and welcome message will be sent to you shortly afterwards. Please follow the instructions in the automatic mailing list replies and do not delete the confirmation mail, you most likely want to use the confirmation id later.
The archive is semi-public. That means, it is accessible to list subscribers. The link is as follows: https://mail.in.tu-clausthal.de/Lists/agentcontest2015/List.html?Language=english
In order to login, you need to provide your e-mail address with which you are subscribed to the list and the confirmation ID. You get the confirmation ID in the confirmation e-mail right after you subscribed. In the case you do not have that e-mail any more, simply send an arbitrary e-mail to email@example.com
In return the system will send you your confirmation ID which you can use to login.
The participation in this contest consists of these parts:
- Declaring the intent to participate by registering to the mailing list.
- Submission of a short team description. Thus registering to the contest officially.
- Participation in the contest tournament by taking part in the final online tournament.
- Submitting the source-code of your application right after the tournament.
- Submitting a short paper describing different aspects regarding your participation in the contest (content tentative).
The winner of the contest will be awarded with a voucher for 500 EUR worth in books, thankfully provided by Springer Verlag. Requirements are the submission of a paper and the source codes of the agents.